Our Thanksgiving holiday began the weekend before with decorating the Christmas tree. We do have a fake tree because of Bill's environmental allergies and I'm about 99.9% sure Chase is probably allergic to trees.
Last year was pretty crazy around Thanksgiving because Chase was only about 2 weeks old, so we were pretty sleep deprived still. This year was much more relaxing.
I was really excited because Blake was so helpful. This was the first year that Blake has taken such an interest in decorating the tree. We have been listening to Christmas songs on the way to school since first of November.
The stockings below are made by my mother. We each had one growing up and when we got married mother added our spouse's name. They still remain at my parents house and they still get filled each Christmas. So, I loved the tradition so much I had my mom make all of us a Bucilla stocking and they are absolutely beautiful!

Below are the Christmas decorations on the fireplace mantel. I did a little Christmas decor shopping this past weekend, I really did not get to last year. Actually, I was just to tired to do anything last Thanksgiving.

Just love our stockings so much that I had to add another picture!

Here is the final product. My tree pretty much looks the same every year. I'm really into the Hallmark ornaments. Both Blake and Chase have a series and I add to it every year. I'm hoping one day I will have only Hallmark ornaments on my tree.
The Blakester checking out our tree!
Gotta love decorating for Christmas!

Chase "helping" with hanging ornaments!

Blake my little elf

My niece and Blake ending the night with a game of football.

Watching the Aggies trying their hardest to beat t.u.

Just random pics I took of the boys on Thanksgiving. Of course, had to deck them out in A&M outfits.


Our Thanksgiving group - my in-laws & parents. Like I said I'm so thankful my family and Bill's have merged to be one big family. We now spend numerous holidays together.

We thought it was a great idea to show Blake what it was like to cut down your own tree. So, we went to Tim's Christmas Tree Farm in Wheelock. They had many wonderful trees to pick from and our nice 8 ft tree we picked only cost us $40.00. Since, we could not put the tree in the house Billy placed it up in the front of our house. When we get finish decorating the front I will post pictures.
Chase trying to keep up with his big brother and daddy.











You are a Finalist on MamaBuzz! Congratulations!:)
ReplyDelete