Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Update on my sweet allergy boy!

Chase just turn 16 months on March 13th. He is totally obsessed with Thomas the Train, and follows me around the house pulling his imaginary horn and saying, "Choo Choo." This is Chase's way of telling me he wants Thomas on the big television. He loves his big brother and follows him around everywhere. Anything and everything Blake does even if it's not funny, is funny to Chase!

Chase waves and says, "Bye-Bye." He is totally a mommy's boy! Always wanting me to hold, rock or play with him. If you know me I'm sucking it all up! I know it won't last long and one day there will be no rocking, but only hunting with his dad and big brother!

We are still and always will be fighting his food allergies! Late at night - like tonight - is when I sit in front of the computer reading and reading research, recipes, and any other information I can find on food allergies. Chase has had a couple of reactions, but nothing that has required E.R. care. Zyrtec is our best friend. If I feed him something new I know pretty fast if there is going to be a reaction. Usually, a hive on the face, throat or chin is the first sign of an allergic reaction. Two ml of Zyrtec reverses the reaction almost instantly.
We always have our epi-pen close by and I'm not afraid to use it!

I have recently bought some dairy, egg and nut free cookbooks. I'm really excited to start our new way of eating. Pretty much a dairy, egg and nut free family! Chase will remain on formula until he is on a good diet. My goal is by the end of the summer he will be bottle and formula free. Last week he had his first "real" meal - chicken, rice and peas - and loved it!

Overall, I have a happy, healthy, energetic toddler!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Blogs by Mandy
Digital Scrapbook Elements by Creations by Rachael